Fuel Safety at C.R. Augenstein Inc.
in Eighty Four, PA
What to do if you smell propane:
- NO FLAMES OR SPARKS: Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, telephones, appliances or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion or fire.
- LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY: Make sure everyone is out of the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
- SHUT OFF THE GAS: Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank, if it is safe to do so.
- REPORT THE LEAK: From somewhere away from the propane leak, call us right away (724) 255-5997. If you can’t reach us, call 911 or your local fire department.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING OR AREA: It may be unsafe to do so.
- GET YOUR SYSTEM CHECKED: Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances, have a qualified service technician check your entire system to ensure it is leak-free.